For this assignment you are being asked to write a review of a movie or TV series that focuses on three of the following: characters, plot, setting, costumes, acting, and technical elements. Please visit the following sites to help you get started.
2. Scroll down and click on “EbscoHost”. Next click on “EBSCOHost Web”.
3. Ensure the first checkbox for MasterFILE Premier is checked. Click “Continue” button at the top of the page.
4. Click on the green “Subjects” button at the top of the page.
5. In the “Browse for” box type in the title of the TV show or movie desired.
This is a comprehensive web site that includes cultural criticism of TV, films, books, music and more.
1. Access recent reviews for TV and movies by clicking on
items listed under “Television” and “Film” located on the right-hand side of the page.
2. Note that at the top of each section, there’s a link for “Review Archive”. The list is alphabetical; click on the desired letter at the top of the page for the TV show or movie you wish to read about.
CNN.com Reviews Archive
Read recent views listed at the top or scroll down to view reviews for a specific date.
Internet Movie Database: http://www.imdb.com
1. In the upper left-hand corner under “Search the IMDb” set the pop-up window to search by Titles or Characters.
2. Once your search completes, you can access reviews from the left-hand pane under “Awards and Reviews”. Click on “External Reviews” to view a listing from different sources. You can also read user comments and ratings by clicking on the appropriately named link.
Once you locate a movie you’re interested in, on the left-hand side of the page, you can click on “Critics Reviews.”
In the center of the page, next to “Search” type in the movie title desired. You can also click on yellow link for “Critics” to access the latest movie reviews. Click on “Latest Film Reviews.”
Prepared by Ms. S. Gregory, North Media Center 9/28/2004